About Our Health & Family Consumer Science Department
The goal of health education is to promote healthy lifestyles for people in our society, and to help students acquire the knowledge, skills,... Continue
and attitudes that promote healthful behaviors. To achieve this goal there should be organized and systematic learning experiences for students based on expected learning outcomes. Within a comprehensive health education program, the student should
do as follows:
- accept responsibility for her/his own health.
- develop decision-making, problem-solving, and inter-personal skills necessary to meet
her/his needs in a positive way.
- understand the relationship between personal health and the quality of life.
- know how to use available health resources and services
- know the relationship between health and the major body structures and functions.
A planned health education curriculum will achieve these learning outcomes.