The philosophy of the Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) program is to provide a curriculum that will help students improve the quality of ... Continue
life for individuals and families. The FACS program at East Longmeadow High School strives to:
• Develop skills which lead to effective decision making, problem-solving and management in the home, school, community and work-place.
• Develop concepts and skills basic to home, individual, family and global responsibilities.
• Develop personal and professional skills which will enhance employment opportunities.
• Develop critical thinking, collaboration, communication and creativity.
• Promote optimal nutrition and wellness across the lifespan.
• Appreciate human worth and accepting responsibility for one's actions as a member of a global society.